This week, we discuss the importance of high performing teams. I’m joined by cohost Mike Manion, Area President of Convene’s Mid-Atlantic region and a frequent host on various radio shows and podcasts.
What does leadership have to do with humble confidence? And what does this actually look like in practice? The good news is: everybody can do this!
6 Steps for Deliberately Building High Performing Teams
- Be specific about the team that you want to be high performing. Give it a name.
- Be explicit about what you’re doing. Tell them that you’re going to work on being high performing.
- Be intentional about the team members.
- Develop cohesion amongst the team members. Build trust and vulnerability.
- Commit to healthy debate, accountability, and driving results.
- Rinse and repeat.