I have a confession to make. My weekly podcast, The Weekly Shufflepass, won’t be posted this week.
Not because I didn’t want to post one or because I had nothing to say. In fact, it wasn’t even because I decided not to. I simply decided to say yes.
- I decided to use my dedicated content production time to knock out several work-related projects.
- I decided to stay committed to getting a healthy amount of sleep and getting up early to exercise.
- I decided to take advantage of a few once in a lifetime writing opportunities that spontaneously presented themselves.
- I decided to attend my daughter’s soccer game, my son’s baseball game and the multiple family birthday parties this weekend.
- I decided to say yes to pushing forward a new project Teresa and I are working on together as a couple.
- I decided to say yes to giving my content manager a break as she recovered from a car accident and subsequent delivery of her new son.
I said yes to quite a few, very important, things this weekend, but, that meant saying no to a couple of other things I really wanted to get done.
That’s ok, though. Sometimes yes means saying no.