I recently posed a question to the daviddewolf.com community: “In your opinion, what is the one word that describes the most important trait of a leader”? Here are the results:
- 28% of the community believes that being a servent is the most essential part of leadership.
- 22% of the community believes that character (integrity, honesty, trust, etc. . .) is the most critical leadership quality
- 11% voted for humility or passion
- 6% can see the power of vision
- 5% are looking for someone who is authentic or sincere
- and the remaining 17% said something different altogether
This is a great snapshot of what it means to be a leader. I would agree that if you find a high character servant with a strong vision, the passion to pursue it, and an authentic personality, you probably have found someone who others will follow.